Sunday, July 27, 2008

Two Thoughts

Before I go to church I pray that I will hear something that will touch me in some way. Today I heard two statements that touched me and caused me to think. The first one was this, "The world teaches us to know something and the gospel teaches us to become something." The second one was this, "If you want blessings that you have never had, then you need to do things that you have never done before." Those two statements have very deep meaning to them. I now need to examine myself and look at what I have become because of the gospel being a part of my life. I also need to think really hard about those blessings I have been asking for and what I need to do to make those happen. I'm glad that I didn't get distracted and heard those 2 comments.

2 comments:

nanamoo said...

I also liked the part in Gail's talk about the truth changing us. I think it helps us "become something" better. Sometimes I get impatient with the process in myself, but then I remember that it is an eternal process and I just have to keep on trying.

SpaceyKasey said...

I love that about doing things you've never done before. Thanks for sharing.