Thursday, July 31, 2008

Missing Photos

I was working on my picture albums yesterday and today. I had three different albums going on at one time that got to be a little confusing at times. I have one for Andrea, one for Taylor and one for the family. I was making sure that my pictures were ending up in the right album.
As I was working on a section of Taylor's I noticed that there were no pictures for his second birhtday. I looked in the other albums and nothing. I was quite sad.
Then when I was working on a section of Andrea's I found no pictures of when she started Kinderarten. I remember taking quite a few pictures of her with her backpack, out in front of the school sign and a few in her classroom.
I began to think: my children are 3 years apart. When Taylor had his second birthday, Andrea would have just turned 5. Which means in a few months she would be starting Kindergarten. Then I remembered a roll of film that I put in to get developed. When I went to pick it up they told me that it wasn't there. They gave me the number for the place where they get printed. Come to find out that if you go a certain period of time without picking up your pictures that send them back to the company and they destroy them. How sad. It would be nice if they gave you a little friendly reminder phone call or something before sending them back.
So, both of my children have an important event in their lives missing. I'm glad I have a digital camera now.

2 comments:

nanamoo said...

Oh, that is very sad.

SpaceyKasey said...

Would that the photo place kept as good records as Comcast! So sorry about the pix.