Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Prayer is Answered

Isn't it nice to know that our Heavenly Father listens to our prayers and they do get answered in one way or another and in His time. I have been asking this certain prayer for about 2 weeks now when I go on my walk in the morning. It finally was answered today. I am grateful that it was answered in the way that I needed it to be. So my prayer this morning was one of thanks.

Later in the day another prayer was answered. Taylor had his friend Lance come over this afternoon. I went to our Primary Presidency meeting and got home around 4:00. I saw the bikes down on the dock and went to look around. I noticed that the ganoe (flat bottom canoe) was gone. This is no big deal because they always take a ride in it when he comes over. However, they weren't anywhere in sight and I couldn't here any kind of noise around the lake. Those boys are always making a bunch of noise. I yelled for them, but no answer. You know how well sound travels across water. Plus, they like to turn the ganoe over and let it fill with water. My mind began to think the worst. I thought maybe they were turning it over and got stuck under it, gators, etc. So, immediately I said a prayer that everything would be fine.
It was then that I thought, "What was the last thing I said to Taylor?" How were my words spoken then? I think we take life for granted. I would hate for one of my children to leave this world remembering unkind words being spoken to them.
We did find the 2 boys up on shore at the far end of the lake. Taylor and Lance have been banned from the ganoe for the rest of the summer.

1 comments:

SpaceyKasey said...

Thanks for the testimony. And glad the boys are safe.