Friday, October 17, 2008

Fun with a Friend

I was driving to work today and heard the author of The Secret Life of Bees discussing her book. The story sounded really interesting. The converstation then lead to how her book became a movie. The movie was opening tonight. I thought, "I want to go see that." So when I got to school I was talking with some teachers out on the playground about this and one said to me, "I'll go if you want some company." I thought how fun that would be.
After work I stayed at school for a while to get some things done. I then headed to the mall to meet Julie. We met up and I told her I was starving. So, I grabbed a sub at Quiznos while she went to Bath and Body Works.
The movie was great. It was definately a girly movie. I laughed durnig one part when a dessert was brought out. It was a pineapple ring that had half of a banana sticking up through the hole. I turned to Julie and said, "My mom used to make us those, but ours had a cherry at the top of the banana." As soon as I said that, someone stuck a cherry on the top of the banana. I told Julie about the time my mom made brussel sprouts. I would not eat mine. The dessert was one of those pineapple banana things. She placed that dessert right in front of me. I think she did that so I would eat the brussel sprouts. The things we do to get our kids to do things. Anyways my brother wouldn't eat his brussel sprouts either. She then sent him to the kitchen. I think she was separarting the brussel sprout non-eaters. I finally gave in and ate the brussel sprouts and then I got to eat the treat. You will never guess what happened with my brother. He sat a little longer and she finally gave into him. He didn't have to eat the brussel sprouts and he got to eat the dessert. I have never forgotten that event in my life.
Back to the movie. I really enjoyed the movie, laughing and being with a friend. I really would like to read the book now. Books give so much more detail.
After the movie we went to Olive Garden and had pumpkin cheesecake. It was fantastic. They only have it this time of year. I may have to make another trip there soon.

2 comments:

nanamoo said...

I always think of how you love that pumpkin cheesecake!

Melody said...

I have the book if you want to borrow it. I read it and loved it.

I hope you enjoyed the cheesecake for me too.