Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Death in the Family

My family spent two weeks out in Texas for a couple of reasons. The main reason is because Mark's father was being moved from the hospital to another facility. The hospital couldn't do anymore for him. They also did some sight seeing around the state. They returned home on Monday night around 9:00. Mark had said that the facility he was in had to move him to yet another facility. He must have been in bad shape. Anyways, shortly after they returned the phone rang and it was his mom calling to tell us that he had died. I told Mark that he should have just stayed out there because now he is going to have to go back. His comment was this, "He is going to be cremated and doesn't want a service or anyone to be around." Wow, how sad is that. Death, in a way, is a celebration of the life you have lived. I hope when I die one day that many people will be there to say good-bye. I hope that I will have been an influence for good and will have touched people's lives in some way that they will want to talk about it.

2 comments:

Melody said...

You are a GREAT person and I know that you have touched MANY lives. Don't you worry...

SpaceyKasey said...

You've already touched mine, and I only know you from book club.

Sorry about your news.