Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Sick One at Home

It was about 1:30 on Tuesday morning and I heard someone in the bathroom throwing up. I couldn't make out which one it was so I got up to check. It was Taylor. He ended up out on the couch because his bed was a mess. I heard him a couple more times during the course of the night.

I got up, showered as usual, and took Andrea to Seminary. When I got back home I knew I needed to get plans ready for a sub. I was able to get one that I was comfortable with.

Taylor just slept the whole day. I did get him to drink some gatorade. I got all of his bedding washed and air dried. I love the smell of sheets that have been air dried. Around 4:30 he went into his room and I went to check on him. His face looked flush. I asked him why he came in here and he said he needed to cool off. I felt his legs and back and he was burning up. He took a couple of Tylenol.

I got up this morning as usual thinking that he was going to be fine. After returning from taking Andrea to Seminary I went in to check on him and he was still feverish. I had to find another sub and make more plans. I was again able to find someone that I trusted. I don't like having subs because most of the time you have to reteach everything again. I knew I wouldn't have to do that with this one.

So, I spent another day at home. He was able to eat some oatmeal throughout the day and drink more. His fever ended sometime in the morning. I was grateful for that. He didn't want to just lay around all day either. In fact, when Andrea returned from school he began to bother her. I knew that he was back to normal. Yeah!

It was kind of nice to stay at home. Instead of a 3 day weekend, I got a 5 day weekend. I was able to work on some school projects that needed to get done. I was also able to finish a book that someone loaned me. Being home was nice, but I do like school.

0 comments: