Monday, January 5, 2009

Garage Sale

Andrea, Taylor and I spent Friday having a garage sale. I have had these boxes sitting in my bedroom for over a year. Mark finally gave me a deadline. I had to have all the stuff out by January 7. I need deadlines. Otherwise, I just put things off. Andrea and I sat doing Sudoku puzzles and Taylor spent the day playing with all the garage sale stuff. People didn't know that some of the things were for sale because he was playing with them.

After people came, looked and then left Andrea and I would say, "You didn't like any of our junk?" It also amazed us at what people would buy. They would buy the junky stuff and not the good stuff. Maybe because the junky stuff was only a quarter and the other stuff was dollars. I remember this one group of ladies got out of the car and said, "We want to know where the quarter stuff is."

On Saturday it was just Taylor and I hanging out together at the garage sale. He wasn't as active on Saturday. He sat and read a Harry Potter book while I did some more of my Sudoku puzzles. We had a good time together. He had this box that was called the free box. Many people enjoyed looking through that stuff than the real stuff. Taylor got a kick out of giving his stuff away.

When the day was finally over we boxed up the leftovers and took it to Goodwill. All in all it was a good garage sale.

0 comments: