Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I would like to say Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends out there. This year's Thanksgiving turned out to be very different, but a special one in many different ways.
I got this idea to write a poem to my son and daughter this year. I have finished Taylor's and I am not finished with Andrea's yet. I thought that I would post it because who knows what will happen to it. I would hope that he would save it like I save special things. But, he is a boy you know. It goes like this.

I am thankful that you Try hard at school this year.

I am thankful that you Always want to be tucked in for bed.

I am thankful that ... You are my child.

I am thankful that you Like to play games with me.

I am thankful that you Often find ways for me to win games.

I am thankful that you Really like to be a kid.

I made a homemade apple pie for Taylor because he can't eat many sweets. When I was doing the top crust nothing was going right. It was all falling apart. Taylor said, "Mom, it doesn't matter what it looks like, it will taste great." How sweet.

5 comments:

Melody said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you!

He is a sweet boy!

debbie said...

I love Space Mountain. Definetly with fast passes though.

Danette Garrett said...

Your poem is a wonderful idea. I want to read Andrea's when it is done.

pamsplace said...

Mary, I love Taylors poem. I really admire how sensitive you are to your childrens feelings.
And onby the way, in reply to your comment on my travels, just remember I didn't get to travel until our three children were 18 years old...........so you will have plenty of time.

Anonymous said...

That poem is so wonderful! What a great idea. Your a great mom!