Thursday, September 25, 2008

Surgery Is Needed

This morning as I prayed I asked for Taylor's appointment to all work out. I wasn't prepard to take off of school so I was hoping for a late afternoon appointment on Friday. I also was hoping they could get him in on Friday with such short notice. Taylor was suppose to go to camp this weekend. As long as he was in a cast he would have been okay.
While my students were reading I made the call to the orthopaedic and she got me in on Friday at 2:45. I wouldn't have to take off work. On the way home from my doctor's appointment I was thinking about my prayer this morning and how it was answered. I was thankful for a prayer being answered.
When I got home Mark wanted to talk to me out on the dock. He told me that he wasn't comfortable with Lake County doctors and took Taylor to Jewitt Clinic in Orlando today. They looked at the x-ray and took one of their own. Taylor didn't have just a broken bone. He had a broken bone, another bone that was dislocated, and some cartilege problem. They said that he needed surgery to put a pin in somewhere. If he just had a cast put on and nothing else, he would most likely have troubles down the road when he was older.
I thought a little while later about my prayer. My prayer was answered more than I thought. Had Mark not felt the need to take him to Jewitt we would never have known the seriousness of his injury. So, Taylor heads off to Orlando tomorrow to have surjery. Good luck, Taylor.

3 comments:

Melody said...

Isn't it wonderful how Heavenly Father knows our needs even when we don't fully realize them ourselves?

nanamoo said...

We are praying for him.

SpaceyKasey said...

Poor guy. Poor Mom, too. Hang in there.