Monday, September 22, 2008

In a Nutshell

I can't believe that it has been about 1 1/2 months since I last blogged. Actually, I take that back. Yes I can. Like my husband says, when I go back to work I am a different person. I do get wrapped up in school work. However, the demands today are nothing like they were when I first started teaching 23 years ago.
My class this year tries my patience each day. In my morning prayer I always ask for patience to deal with these students. Besides the 8 students that are below grade level and the 8 or so that you have to stop for because of something, I do have a group of students that are just wonderful. They make my job exciting. They make all the work I do woth it. Maybe they will be an influence for good on the others. There is always hope for change.
I have been spending many Saturdays at school trying to get ahead. However, as soon as I walk into the room on Monday morning there are many things to do and then I feel behind again. I don't think this is a profession where you can ever get ahead.
I have also been spending many nights working with my daughter on projects for school. She is in an Honors History class and this teacher gives many projects to do at home. I keep telling her to get out and get in the regular History class, but she wants to be in this one.
I have kept my jogging routine up. I go about 3 to 4 times each week. It has been getting harder as each day goes by due to the dark coming earlier each day. I may have to start going in the morning at 5:00. I will see.
I will try to keep this blog up a little better than I have.

1 comments:

nanamoo said...

I can only imagine the number of students that you have made a lasting impression on. They are fortunate indeed.